Sunday, February 1, 2009

Waking up....

I open my eyes quickly to get rid of the visions of computer code and tabulated data still in my head. It’s pretty dark and by some combination of poor eyesight and poor photography I am not sure what I am seeing…



… strange shadows and then out-of-focus knots looking down at me from a beam. The windows are covered by quilts on cold nights so I have no idea what the weird whining noise is outside.


I open the window quilts and see the quaking pines and larches waving in the wind and I hear the loud screeching and scraping from above.









2 comments:

  1. It's amazing what we learn about people from their blogs. I visualize you living in the woods high on a mountain. I brings back memories of when we had a log cabin in the high sierras. Maybe that's what blogging is supposed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this. And it fit right in to what you are doing on your blog. The out of focus certainly fit in with me in the early morning before glasses. I took a bunch of non flash pics. My were more red than orange. I wonder if that is our cameras?

    ReplyDelete